Stain Removal Tips – Yonkers, NY
Murphy’s Law will surely come into play when a piece of syrup-covered pancake falls on carpet. It will land face down. Don’t panic — just follow these simple steps to get yourself out of a sticky situation.
- Remove excess syrup with a dull utensil.
- Sponge with warm water until stain is removed.
- If stain is still present, dab with mixture of one cup of warm water and a tablespoon of liquid dishwashing detergent.
- On synthetic fiber carpets only, if the area is still sticky, try a half-cup of warm water and a teaspoon of ammonia. Pet spot cleaner may also do the trick.
- Sponge with cold water to remove any soap or ammonia residue.
- Blot with paper towels or a clean, white towel to remove leftover liquid.
- Do not use hot water or a steam cleaner as heat sets syrup stains.
- Always blot or dab; never rub the stain.
- Only use water on wool carpets; ammonia or enzymes can damage the fibers.
And remember, If you find you’re stuck with a problem stain, just give us call.
Contact us online 24/7 or call (914) 423-4600 to learn more about our carpet & textiles care, specialty cleaning, stone and tile restoration, and our emergency damage removal services in Westchester County, Yonkers and the NYC Area.
This is one of a series of articles written and published on behalf of Stone and Tile PRO Partners.